Professional Resume Writing for Effective Career Development
Resume writing is always a painful and lengthy process, as every word matters in this small document presenting your entire profile of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience to the employer. Recruiters in large, reputable companies or governmental organizations are equally picky regarding what they want to see in the resume of prospective employees, as well as about the layout and overall design of a striking resume. Hence, every detail and punctuation mark matters, especially if you set ambitious job objectives and wish to get the position of your dream for which there are many contenders.
A perfectly crafted resume is able to present you as an interesting personality, a valuable asset for the company’s team, a person with relevant knowledge and skills, and an attractive candidate for the vacancy. Even if you are a very skilled and competent professional, you can show it in person only at the job interview – and the latter is appointed only if the recruiter likes your resume. So how to secure yourself a valuable job position and win the job of your dream? Everything’s simple – with an unbeatable, perfectly crafted resume!
Are you looking for resume writing professionals who can handle your resume in such a way that it shines to impress any employer? your-writers.net is an excellent provider of cheap professional resume writing services impressive for both clients and their prospective recruiters, so you may not worry about a job search anymore – the resume help services we provide will guarantee you many interviews! At present, we are proud to be evaluated as the best resume writing services online, with the quality of resume writing, editing, and fine-tuning exceeding the most demanding customers’ expectations. Check the list of our offers and you will always find the type of professional resume writing service needed in its list.
Types of Resumes We Handle
Our resume consulting services are diverse and varied, at present we provide the following types of service targeted at all resume-related needs of our clients:
- Resume writing
- Resume editing
- CV writing
- CV editing
- Cover letter writing
- Follow-up/Thank you letter writing
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA) statement completion
- E-cover letter writing
- LinkedIn profile completion
Our Benefits and Features
We have a skilled and competent team of resume composers with special preparation and training in resume/CV composition of the international standard. That’s why we take pride in our flawless resume writer service after using which you are guaranteed a job interview. Additional benefits of using our service are as follows:
- Writer competence. The majority of writers we hire have undergone the CPRW training and are CPRW-credentialed, which makes them true experts in the international-standard resume writing for all purposes. Our writers always get acquainted with all details of your education and employment history, take an interview with you regarding expectations for the resume product, and elicit the best-selling skills and competencies from your professional profile to make the resume look impeccable.
- 100% confidentiality. Though there is nothing shameful or illegal in turning to a professional resume service, we respect our relationships with clients and do our best to keep our collaboration private and confidential. We also never share any personal or payment information about our customers with third parties for any purposes, which makes us a trusted partner for many satisfied individuals and companies.
- 100% originality. Our resume writers follow the rigorous standards of resume writing, so they use some preliminarily prepared templates. However, this relates only to the visual layout and design of the resume and accompanying documents, and never involves using pre-written lists of skills and competencies. Everything we include into your resume is the product of our collaboration with you and an individually crafted profile suiting specifically your personality and set of professional qualities you possess.
- Effective communication. We encourage constant productive communication between our writers and customers, since only by means of discussing what any of you needs can result in the production of a fully individual and perfectly tailored resume. Whether you are targeting a career change, starting your career after education, or wishing to receive a job promotion at your existing workplace – in any way, the resume has to be customized to these needs and purposes, which we can perform without any trouble.
How It Works
If you are in need of a resume or any accompanying documents, don’t waste any more time – order resume services from our skilled experts! Doing this is quick and easy, follow the lead and take the following steps:
- Place an order. Indicate which type of the resume or CV you need, whether you need writing or editing, and whether you require the accompanying documents such as a cover letter, KSA, etc.
- Make payment. After you communicate the needs and receive the price quote, you are free to proceed to payment, after which your order will become visible to our writers in the system.
- Review the draft and negotiate the content of resume with your writer. Upon payment, you will get the writer assigned to your resume order, and you may start collaboration on the completion of your best career instrument. Discuss all details with your writer, share your expectations and emphases to be made, and give regular feedback on drafts.
- Get the ready order. Once the writer completes your documents, you will get them delivered to personal cabinet at the site. Take time to review the file and approve the order if everything looks satisfactory.
Essentials of Resume Writing
A resume is first of all a marketing tool, a primary instrument in job hunting that helps you to present your personality, the entirety of your job experiences and accomplishments, etc. To achieve such an appropriate resume appearance, it should be clear, accurate, articulate, and reader-friendly. Every resume or CV serves as a self-advertisement, and the amount of time and effort you invest into advertising yourself. Learn how to write a resume that may indeed win you the job of your dream here, our expert resume writers share their experience and recommendations to help you advance resume writing skills.
Become a better student –
get a custom essay
Types of Resumes
Every step by step guide on good resume writing includes the selection of resume type, especially if you are ordering the resume from a professional writing service – they need to know which type you would like to obtain. So far, we distinguish among the following resume types:
- Entry Resume. This is the first resume a person composes in his or her life; it mostly suits those with little or no work experience – in professional circles, a resume is considered entry-level if the candidate has less than 3 years of professional experience. It looks quite simple because of a lack of professional expertise data, and has to include a concise resume summary, a job objective, and the details of your work experience and curriculum.
- Professional Resume. This type of resume applies for those who have over 3 years of professional experience. It is much more comprehensive than an entry-level resume, and contains descriptions of work experience (coming before education), higher education details, and relevant special skills training. It should be restrained in format and color style, with no decorative elements, as minimalist as possible to look really professional.
- Executive Resume. This type of resume is suitable for individuals with an impressive career record attempting to get promotion to higher executive positions. Here, you should make a special emphasis on your achievements and the way in which you will benefit the company by taking that leading position.
- Military Resume. Marketing oneself for a civilian job after military service may be challenging, since the military usually have a limited set of skills and competencies suitable for non-military employment. Here, it is advisable to make an emphasis on transferable skills, writing about military titles and duties in more general, non-specialized language to simplify the recruiter’s understanding, and not including the details of active combat experience.
- Federal Resume. This type of resume is specifically suited for applications for federal employment, so it is imperative to emphasize qualifications and eligibility to legal requirements of the job.
- Career Change. Career change resumes should emphasize transferable skills and competencies that your new employer will find valuable.
- CV. Curriculum Vitae, or CV, represents an extended version of resume that is mostly required for positions related to academic and research work.
Formats of Resume
Those thinking over how to write a good resume should also consider the selection of resume format, as it also affects the way in which the employer will perceive your competencies and skills, and presents information about you in a distinct way. You may select among the following resume formats:
- Reverse Chronological. This resume format is most traditional for individuals with a sound educational and professional profile; its major principle is presentation of work history in the reverse chronological progression, starting from the latest workplace and ending with the earliest employment. This format is more preferable because it shows to the recruiter which job duties and skills you have now, as a result of your current or recent working practices, and allows him/her to move back in time to see how your career developed.
- Functional. Selection of a functional resume type is suitable only if you pursue special goals with this resume, such as making a career change, trying to emphasize relevant skills instead of job titles that do not match skills used at those jobs, and trying to conceal such gaps in your career. It is also highly suitable for individuals with little or no work experience, allowing to show what they can instead of where they worked.
- Combined. If you have many job positions and a rich professional experience, and you want to emphasize both in your resume, it is recommended to select the combined resume format. It presupposes both a functional section outlining your key skills and a detailed reverse chronological account of your professional history.
What to Write in a Resume? Ordering Information
Tips for writing a resume are enormous, and you should be careful about following all recommendations uncritically, since many of them are highly individual. However, there are some universal recommendations on how to write the best resume and make your existing one stronger – and the most vital ones refer to ordering of information in a resume.
- Header of your resume. Here, you should include your properly spelled name and last name, and provide all valid contact details: telephone numbers, address, e-mail, etc.
- Statements section. Since the majority of resumes are quickly looked through by the recruiters, make the opening section of your resume a powerful statement that creates a strong, complete impression about you as a professional. Make your career direction clear and formulate a concise objective.
- Evidence. This section serves specifically for highlighting achievements and successes in the professional, educational, and training fields. Focus on providing a detailed description of duties that you performed at the previous job positions, the highest educational credentials, and courses in the relevant field that you completed in the past years or are currently in the process of completing.
- References. Provide the contact information of people who can recommend you and give you a positive appraisal as an employee. Not to give too much detail in the resume but to show that you can supply it if needed, indicate “References available upon request.”
How to Close Gaps and Black Spots in a Resume?
Any resume writing guide should include recommendations regarding closing gaps and explaining some unfortunate pages of your life such as incarceration. It is vital to present that information wisely when you make a resume, so work through all these black spots to craft an ideal document. For instance, if you have to seek ways to explain incarceration and make your resume acceptable, use the following guidelines:
- Don’t give too much detail on the incarceration such as the type of conviction, etc. – simply indicate the prison in which you served the sentence as the place of employment.
- Try to give as much positive detail about your prison stay, such as involvement in some educational courses, prison work, skills training. It will show that you learned the life lessons and dedicated the time in prison to personal development, which makes you look a much more favorable job candidate.
- Select proper terminology: instead of writing “time spent in prison” or something like that, make it “termination of previous work contract.” Though it is quite a lie, you nevertheless receive an opportunity to tell about yourself sincerely at the job interview.
If you need to close a gap in employment, make use of the following guidelines:
- Don’t leave gaps unexplained in the work history section; it looks suspicious. Instead, fill that gap with an extra job position and state something like “acquired second education,” “was involved in full-time caregiving,” “was self-employed,” or “as permanently involved in volunteering activities.”
- Be sincere about what you did during that gap – lying will be revealed at the job interview for sure, and the impression of recruiter will be spoilt
- Select the functional resume format to highlight your skills and not needing to provide a coherent list of jobs.
Tips on Writing a Great Resume with No Experience
Those wondering how to write a resume with no experience may benefit from the following tips:
- Emphasize your educational achievements such as participation in research projects, volunteering activities, etc. to show your field of interest and resourcefulness
- Make the choice for a functional resume rather than reverse chronological one, since it will allow you to highlight your skills in the best favorable way
- Make the resume visually effective and professional to show that you are a seasoned, serious job seeker
- Avoid using too much capitalization in the resume to make it more reader-friendly
- Conduct a thorough check of misprints or punctuation errors; a resume should look impeccable for it to impress the employer.