The thesis is a summary of the main results obtained in the course of the research work. It should be noted that for scientific conferences, the papers are accepted in the form of theses, but very strict rules of registration are observed.
The traditional view is a written page, which allows scientific supervisors to determine the essence of the work. In this case, the author must adhere to the principle: one article – one thought. However, one should not write here about the results achieved in the work. This is a kind of summing up. Free play is not allowed here, only a competent approach.
The thesis is the result obtained in the course of the work, it shows the level of preparedness of the author and his scientific adviser. In theses, it is necessary to write only what has been personally achieved or developed. If the work is done together, then you must specify all participants. First of all, the theses are checked by the head, he makes corrections, if necessary.
So, working with theses consists of several sections:
- Introduction. It is usually very brief. Here, the reasons for the work are justified. For example, In this paper, the influence of genetically modified products on the human body is investigated.
- A theoretical part. Contains only the main theoretical aspects of the question, which will allow to have an idea of the subject or object of the study. It is important to only state the material here without extra statements, only bare facts with a mandatory reference to the source of information because all the important details will be indicated in the report. The thesis assumes only a brief summary of the work.
- The main part contains the analysis of the study, but again only the brief information should be presented.
- Conclusions are formulated on the basis of the analysis obtained.
- Bibliography. It is also an important stage in writing theses. Often there is an incorrect design. Requirements for writing, you need to clarify with your teacher.
Writing a thesis statement outline can be easy if you follow the basic rules that must be adhered to when doing work.
First of all, it is necessary to determine to which text the thesis will be written. If to the scientific report and it is already ready, then it is enough to briefly state the results of the research. Here, the important task is not to begin to retell the report, otherwise it will be fundamentally the wrong approach to the task. Often the thesis sets out the statement of the problem, the results of the study or the new methodology.
Next, you should carefully read the report and determine its main directions:
- Determine the relevance, purpose of the work.
- Formulate the main problem, which the work is devoted to.
- Describe your opinion on the problem, explain why it differs from the scientific one.
- Offer your own research methodology, but first tell about the methods and principles used.
- Draw a conclusion.
Intro on a thesis statement
Writing thesis is an integral part of registration. Thesis is a presentation of your vision of the problem posed in the form of a small analytical work. For the successful execution of the work, the following rules must be observed:
- Times New Roman, 12–14 font, one and a half interval, alignment in width.
- The amount of work should not exceed 3 pages of printed text.
- Theses should consist of three parts: the introduction, the main part, and the conclusion.
- Your theses should be clear and precise.
- All ideas should be argued and supported by examples.
What is thesis statement outline?
If you think that the thesis is a short retelling of the points of a more global text, then you are right. However, those who think that this is an independent article are also right, only in miniature.
The word thesis is used in several meanings. Most often you hear about it applicable to scientific activities.
In the scientific world, the thesis of papers presented at the conference are often published in the newsletter and their value for scientists is quite high: such a publication is considered for a higher scientific degree.
However, this is not the only sphere that uses theses. If you talk about theses as an internet product, they are designed to tell in brief about the main topic of the site, the blog or its section. In addition, in the content business very often the customers offer not a plan, but short statements, which the copywriter must reveal.
Importance, reasons of thesis statement outline
The thesis is a small article that unfolds in a report. The report time is limited to 10–15 minutes, and the size of theses is usually about two pages of the Word. The report can be a little more detailed than theses, may contain more examples, a little more theoretical material, but do not expand the text much, otherwise you will not keep within the rules.
The rules must be strictly observed: this is a rule of good taste. Only very ill-bred people exceed the regulations.
How does a good thesis statement outline look like?
To theses, as well as to any other professionally written text, there are uniform requirements. Despite the fact that some of the items are related to their composition, one should not forget that, first of all, this is not a literary work, but a scientific work with all that follows from it.
You should learn how to write theses correctly at school. However, not everyone at this age is able to understand that this is not for the teacher and parents but first of all for yourself.
- The title should correspond to the main topic. It is better to choose a title after writing the main part – then it will be more accurate.
- The topic should be clear and narrow enough: the concise format of the theses does not allow you to go too far from the point.
- Even in a short format, examples should be organically present.
- A small introduction answers the main question of the whole material – like any other selling article. The size of the entry is 1 small paragraph.
- The main part should also be structured: several statements – several subsections. Each statement is supported by an example, especially when it comes to research.
- The conclusion sums up all of the above and gives a clue where to look for more detailed information. It is also small in size, like the introduction.
- In scientific theses it is still necessary to pay attention to quotes, footnotes and references, as well as illustrative material. But you can find these details yourself if you ever need it.
How to write thesis statement outline step-by-step guide
Students often write theses based on the results of educational, methodological, and scientific-practical conferences, or simply on the results of the work done. In fact, the thesis is a compact scientific publication, which is formalized in a strictly defined way. Its feature is a small size compared to an article or a monograph.
Statement of the problem, introduction
Usually this is one or two small paragraphs, which describe the relevance of your topic, its importance for modern branches of science. In fact, this is a characteristic of the area in which you are conducting research.
Brief review of existing developments, their disadvantages
After setting the task, it is necessary to make a brief description of two or three studies that are directly related to your topic, and to show what their disadvantages are and what needs to be improved in connection with the needs of production, industry or science.
Description of your research and main results
This section should answer the following questions:
- What was done by you personally, what scientific methods were used?
- How many experiment did you conduct and what were their main results?
- What is the benefit of the results of the work, what is its scientific contribution?
- What are the prospects for implementing the development in production?
At the end, conclusions are drawn on the work done, and further plans and directions are described, in which it makes sense to continue scientific research. The need for the latter is usually justified by the fact that any work has its drawbacks, and therefore it can and should be improved.
Tips and tricks to write thesis statement outline
The main tips for writing a thesis statement outline include:
- Do not be afraid to express your own opinion
- Avoid listing facts
- Give specific suggestions on how to solve the problem
Examples of strong thesis statement outline
You can find many good examples of thesis statements online. You can use them as the basis to create your own thesis.
Conclusion of a thesis statement outline
And at last let’s discuss what theses, which are exclusively a reference material for a report, a section, or a site are.
The main task of such theses is to formulate short, capacious statements, which can later be developed further.
To be clear, here’re the supporting theses directly to this article.
- Thesis statements can be different.
- They are widely used in the scientific field.
- Such theses represent a short analysis of scientific work with examples.
- They can be written for the finished material or vice versa: the material is compiled, according to the theses.
- There are questions suitable for the thesis plan of the selling article.
- The basic thesis is the main idea, which can be developed further.